Randy F. Rizor, M.D.
Randy F. Rizor, M.D. is a founding partner of The Physicians Spine & Rehabilitation Specialists and practices in our Sandy Springs and Stockbridge offices. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Bates College and received his Doctor of Medicine Degree from the University of Toledo School of Medicine in 1976. He completed a residency in Anesthesiology at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Dr. Rizor was certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in 1981. He received sub-specialty certification in Pain Management from the American Board of Anesthesiology in 1993 and re-certification in 2005.
Dr. Rizor has been named one of Atlanta’s top doctors by Atlanta Magazine and one of the top doctors in the country by US News and World Report. He is a member of the Chairman’s Advisory Council of the Georgia State Board of Workers’ Compensation. He currently serves as President Elect of the Medical Association of Atlanta, as well as with the Board of Directors of the Medical Association of Atlanta.
In response to the events of September 11, 2001, Dr. Rizor volunteered to join the US Army Reserve. He currently holds the rank of Colonel in the Medical Corps. He has served on active duty in Kosovo in 2004, and in Iraq in 2007-08 and 2011.
Dr. Rizor received the Jack A. Raines, MD Humanitarian Award from the Medical Association of Georgia in 2018.
- Dr. Randy Rizor named president elect of the Medical Association of Atlanta Board of Directors
- Treatment of High Impact Chronic Pain: Responding to a critical consequence of the opioid crisis
- MAG honors Atlanta anesthesiologist, Dr. Randy Rizor, for humanitarian efforts
- Drug testing for opioid medications
- The Rizor Institute
- Pharmaco-genetic Testing: Reducing drug costs and improving outcomes
- Eternal Hope in Haiti